City Academy Norwich achieved their best ever results at this year’s City Sports competition on Monday 28th June. This followed weeks of practice at the after-school Athletics Club. The overall results for City Academy Norwich are listed below:
U13 (Year 7.) Boys – 2nd place
U13 (Year 7.) Girls – 5th place
U14 (Year 8.) Boys – 5th place
U14 (Year 8.) Girls – 2nd place
U15 (Year 9.) Boys – 4th place
U15 (Year 9.) Girls – 3rd place
U17 (Year 10.) Boys – 3rd place
U17 (Year 10.) Girls – 4th place
Details of notable performances are below:
- Jacob Yallop (7D7) won the U12 (Year 7) Boys 800m race in 2 mins 36s breaking the previous City Sports record by 10 seconds.
- CAN U12 (Year 7) Boys 4 x 100m Relay team of Ryan Haylett (7C7), William Kopita (7L7), Billy Wenn (7D7) and Jacob Yallop (7D7) finished in 2nd place in 59.97s but still managed to break the previous City Sports record of 61.35s.
- Carina Holmes (7L2) won the U14 (Year 8.) Girls Shot Putt with a distance of 7.10m.
- Jake Ramsbottom (8C1) won the U14 (Year 8.) Boys High Jump with a height of 1.40m.
- Ellie-May Fox (9L5) won the U15 (Year 9) Girls Long Jump with a distance of 4.10m beating her previous PB of 3.84m.
- Tommy Blackwell (10V5) won the U17 (Year 10 & 11) Boys Shot Putt with a distance of 10.04m.